BE CAREFUL OF GETTING A NECK MASSAGE FROM YOUR BARBER, AS IT MAY COST YOU A LIFE. IT IS A SCARY THING WHICH MANY PEOPLE TAKE IT LIGHTLY. NORMALLY GOING TO A BARBER SHOP DOWN, AND GETTING A SMART HAIRCUT OR PERHAPS A SHAVE, IS PERFECTLY FINE, BUT MAKING THEM PLAY WITH YOUR NECK COULD BECOME A SERIOUSLY RISKY AFFAIR. PLEASE READ THIS SPINE CHILLING STORY AND DECIDE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO OPT FOR A NECK MASSAGE… 

According to the news published in The Mirror Now online portal, about the 54-year-old man getting paralyzed following a neck massage from a local barber shop, it has sent a spine-chilling wave amongst many people who adhere to such practices on a regular basis. The report claimed that a 54-year-old Delhi man, Ajay Kumar was left paralyzed following the haircut and a neck massage in the local barbershop. The person is said to have suffered the severe nerve damage which may leave him parlayed for the rest of his life.     

It is a common practice amongst the local barbers, every time he cuts your hair. he will pursue you for the head and neck massage, simply for making some extra bucks, and something similar supposed to have happened in the case of Ajay Kumar. Little did Ajay Kumar knew that a routine haircut and neck massage at his local barbershop would leave him paralyzed, he would have surely given a second thought to the offer of a barber. But, now it’s too late for him, as the damage is already done. 

NECK MASSAGE OF CRACKING A NECK CAN BECOME DEADLY AT TIMES (SOURCE)

But in this case, apparently, in the process of making the customer feel refreshed, the barber damaged his phrenic nerve that is responsible for controlling the diaphragm, which controls the breathing. Immediately after this incident, the victim Kumar was put on the artificial life support system (Mechanical Ventilation), said the sources. “He has been put on non-invasive ventilation for breathing support and may continue to be on it,” said Dr. Anand Jaiswal, director of respiratory and sleep medicine at Medanta – The Medicity.    

According to another report published in The Indian Feed after the neck massage at the barbers shop, Ajay came home feeling refreshed, but, after some time he started feeling the breathlessness, and following the series of tests conducted on him, the doctors found that the neck cracking had damaged Ajay’s phrenic nerves that control the diaphragm, which in turn regulate breathing.

According to the doctor, this is a lifelong process and the victim may have to remain on the ventilator for the rest of his life as these phrenic nerves rarely regenerate spontaneously. “The neck massage and neck-crack that barbers ritually perform after a haircut can cause long-term damage to neck joints and surrounding tissues, muscles or nerves or even cause bilateral diaphragmatic paralysis like in this case,” the doctor said, cautioning everyone against getting neck massages at salons.

SOURCE: TIMES NOW | SCOOPWHOOP

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.